One of the more common calls that any Wildllife removal operator in America gets in the Winter/Spring is the calls for Raccoons in the chimneys and Raccoons in the Attic. The Raccoon is one of the United States most commonly seen nocturnal creatures. Usually the raccoon can be seen along the road ways. This is a pretty animal to look at, and watch, however it can be one ofAmericas most destructive wildlife creatures. It is estimated that in the United States, approximately 900 million dollars worth of Home Owners insurance claims are filled each year due to Destruction caused by Raccoons! The main call we do get is to remove Raccoons from the attic area of a house, this can be quite a troublesome job, attics are usually tight, low lighted areas that do not provide a lot of working room, If not performed properly, this job can be disastrous. A inexperienced person can fall thru the ceiling, get bit by the raccoon, tear up your wiring or AC duct work. This is a Job for a professional. Give us a call today!!
Some interesting Raccoon Facts Follow:
- Raccoon breeding season in the United States is January to Early February.
- Raccoons have on average 3 to 4 young a year.
- Raccoons are The most destructive animals we have in the United States
- In the US, the Raccoon does approximately 900 million dollars of damage a year in home owner insurance claims.
- Once a Raccoon takes up residence at your home, It will not just leave. Raccoons are very territorial and will defend their "home" with great vigor.
- A average size Raccoon in the US averages 22-30 lbs.
- Raccoons can be found thruout the US, in all cities in all counties.
How Do I get rid of raccoons? Simple, Have a Licensed Wildlife removal specialist come in a remove it for you, Raccoons can be very aggressive creatures and are a very common carrier of Rabies in US. Only an experienced person with the right equipment should attempt to perform a raccoon extraction. The odds of being bitten are very high.
Some interesting Facts about Raccoon Damage in The US:
- Most damage comes from the Raccoons entering a attic of a home.
- They damage Insulation, Duct Work, sheetrock, wiring and other house components.
- Raccoons can cause damage to yards and mulch beds, by digging for grubs and beetles.
- Raccoons that are defending their homes can kill house hold pets such as dogs and cats in order to protect their young.
- Raccoons Will get into your chimney
In the spring hundreds of female raccoons find their way into attics, crawl spaces and basements as well as chimneys in search of a safe place to have their young. The usual time for liter births is late March into early April. Raccoons are very strong and can break louvers from gable vents, tear shingles off of a roof, and dismantle faulty chimney caps or tear of chimney screens. Once inside, raccoons will create a nesting area and designate a spot to be their toilet. This can cause a terrible odor and as it soaks into the insulation, sheetrock or ceiling tiles can cause damage or stains.
Raccoons are destructive by nature and will tear apart insulation and wiring as well as rip shingles from the roof for no apparent reason. Raccoons are very dangerous animals to have living in your attic, chimney or any other place for a number of reasons.
Indications and Symptoms of a Raccoon Problem:
- Loud thumping sounds in the attic area at night.
- Juvenile raccoons make loud chattering sounds.
- Scratching, loud noises or chirping from your fireplace.
- Large holes in the roof of your home.
- A musty urine smell (raccoon Fecal).
- Raccoon sightings on or near your property.
- “Running” sounds in the attic, during the day.
- The smell of dead animals in your home
Dont let Raccoons Over run your home, Give one of our Qualified Professionals Found here a call today.